It’s time for the monthly roundup of most popular posts on BTEG. Did you miss any the first time around?
- Henry Olsen’s MaSh Acoustic Guitar – It’s not often we see radical approaches to acoustic guitar ergonomics. Fortunately, musician Henry Olsen worked with U.K. luthier Dave Dearnaley to bring this instrument to life.
Hear it for yourself on Henry Olsen’s site. Look under the Music section for the title track “Cowboy Sari” from his new album released in MP3 format.
- Canton Custom Guitars Ergo 2 Complete – Beatiful and ergonomic, the Ergo 2 electric guitar by guitar maker Rick Canton is sure to be a popular instrument.
- Making The Klein Electric Guitar Template– This one dates back to the “early days” of BTEG when the site was mainly focused on my guitar project. I’m glad to see that folks are referencing it in their own research.
- Eric Olds Klein Electric Guitar Project – Part 2 – Along with details on his electric guitar build, Eric Olds generously provided detailed drawings of the guitar body and his own headless tuning solution.
- The Orchid Bass Sprouts An Unusual Neck – A truly unique bass guitar designed with consideration for a woman’s body, it also works great for a man’s body. It’s also our first look into Rick’s unusual trapezoidal neck profile which he continues to evolve in an upcoming instrument.
- Xavier Padilla’s Torzal Custom Electric Bass Guitar – Built for bass player and RSI sufferer Xavier Padilla, this Little Guitar Works custom bass features a unique body and the Torzal Twist neck – a design intended to reduce wrist flexion and thus the potential risk of RSI.
- The Forshage Hollow Body Electric Guitar – Chris Forshage has struck on a very successful design that has already seen a number of tonal variations through various wood and pickup choices.
- Headless Guitar Parts Resources – Looking for ideas for headless guitar tuning systems? Here’s a good place to start. It includes commercially available parts as well as DIY solutions.
- Make Your Own Headless Guitar Tuners! – Three headless tuner designs give the inventive guitar builder food for thought.
- Headless Guitar Bridge by Jon Bondy – Jon Bondy’s fixed bridge replacement for R-trem, S-trem and Trans Trem Steinberger bridges has met with high praise.