Here’s a great demonstration of the Forshage Headless Hollowbody Electric Guitar by solo artist Roger Placer. Roger comments on the basic features of his built-to-order Forshage, contrasts its design with the Klein Electric Guitar and then demonstrates the guitar’s range of tones. Beautiful woods, unique design and versatile electronics come together to produce a truly impressive guitar built by Austin luthier Chris Forshage.
Here are some of the guitar’s specs:
- Mahogany body with quilted maple top
- Seven piece laminate figured maple neck
- Cocobolo fingerboard
- Gibson 57 Classic Humbucker in the neck
- Lindy Fralin Strat pickups in the middle and bridge positions
- Individual toggle switches for pickup selection
- Pull pot places the single coil pickups in series approximating a humbucker tone
Now a little bit about Roger Placer from Roger himself:
I’m a solo artist in New Jersey and I play in a style influenced by jazz and ambient sounds, but I’m definitely not a diehard “jazz guy.” I have mostly focused on writing and recording and have 3 CD’s to my name as well as a bunch of random stuff. I gig occasionally in small spaces, but mostly I play for fun and passionate interest in music and the guitar.
To learn more about Roger Placer and his music, visit him at RogerPlacer.com.